Thursday, February 7, 2008
Visitors
We've been very busy with visitors from Germany (a great family of 6 from Neustadt-Coburg-home of Hummel porcelain figurines.). And now my in-laws are here from Belgium. I'll try to post pictures. It was nice to finally see some of Dubai again, as a tourist, especially the creek and souks filled with so many colorful fabrics,- rather than as a resident just heading to the grocery store in mass traffic jams. I have to admit it has been enjoyable setting the table for 8 people, breakfast and dinner. Cooking all that food for dinner. I made 16 huge bratwurst sausages the other night, haven't cooked that much meat in ages. The Germans have only been eating a donut in the afternoon. (something I had to tolerate even with a growling stomach, longing for something for more substantial.) Although strangely enough, in Germany, they eat their main meal at noon and eat sandwiches in the evening. I think it has more to do with not wanting to eat in restaurants, something most Germans and Belgians do only in special occasions. Today we head to the Mall of The Emirates, the biggest mall in the middle east, the one with the ski slope. And then tomorrow we will go see a camel farm and head one more time to a spice souk to look for saffron, which cost an arm and a leg here (yet cheaper than elsewhere.)Gabi and Lucas have not been sleeping well because of all the excitement, and oh, I scored 4 goals at soccer practice yesterday. :) My first goals ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment